pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] selecting/opening groups in the Groups tab/pane

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] selecting/opening groups in the Groups tab/pane
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 12:12:51 -0600

> Funny.  Here, single click opens, just as I'd expect.  If a group is active,
> however, in tabbed view, and I go to reload the same group, then it is as you
> describe, clicking the tab puts the focus there, then a single click puts the
> focus back on the group list, and a double click opens it.

hmm, seems you're right. after some experimentation, I see that:

- if the groups tab is selected by hotkey ('1'); focus goes to the field
widget listing the groups
- if the tab is selected by clicking on the tab; focus goes to the tab
widget

when the focus is on the list widget; double-clicking produces the expected
behavior.

when focus is somewhere else, one must cause focus to shift to the list
widget before behavior is as expected.

I also notice that when switching to the headers tab by clicking on the tab;
the same behavior results. switching to the headers tab by double-clicking
the group does not (presumaby because the list widget retains it's focus
from the previous tab).

perhaps this could be most easily fixed by causing focus to automatically
switch to the list widget, upon tab change?

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator
Real-Time Enterprises