pan-users

[Pan-users] "Fit to window" - image view enhancement

From: Grzegorz B. Prokopski
Subject: [Pan-users] "Fit to window" - image view enhancement
Date: 02 Apr 2003 10:22:53 +0200

Hello!

Pan is so great for viewing binaries, especially images, that when
it's coupled with local leafnode - you can easily forget that it's
a newsreader. It works almost like image viewer :-)

And I think it's very good. However there would be two nice pieces
that it'd be nice to have [0]:

1. Already filled as #104153 - 4xx errors prevent from using space
   for reading. It's marked for 0.14.0 milestone, not yet fixed.

2. I couldn't find that filled yet. For ex. gqview has "fit to
   window" (or "best fit") option. And actually I am often not
   interested in the rest of a post but in the image only.
   I think it'd be nice to have an option:

   "If a post contains an image - resize it to fit the window"

   I belive I've seen some time ago an idea of using gnome-eye
   bonobo interface for this, but that's probably unportable to
   windows.

If you think that it's right idea - feel free to fil an enhancement
bug. If not - I'd like to hear why and how to achieve it in a better
way (or why I shouldn't try to).

[0] I checked bugs database and last 2 months of pan-user archives.

I am currently using  pan 0.13.4-3 debian unstable package, and I
know about what's in newer versions only by reading changelogs.

I am not subscribed, please Cc: me on replies *if you may*

Cheers,

                                        Grzegorz B. Prokopski

PS: In my old netscape I had "remove expired articles" option
that was removing all non-existant-on-server articles from the list.
I can't find it's equivalent in Pan - am I blind? =)
Oh - I don't think that "remove articles +5 days old" is an equivalent.
--
Grzegorz B. Prokopski <address@hidden>
Debian http://www.debian.org/