pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] pan.sendlater oddness.

From: Dave Hill
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] pan.sendlater oddness.
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:12:56 +0100

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:18:06 -0700
Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon 14 Apr 2003 21:48, Bobby D. Bryant posted as excerpted below:
> > I keep finding old posts in my pan.sendlater folder.   After a while
> > I noticed that they were the *same* posts every time, possibly with
> > a few new additions.  By experiment I find that I can delete them,
> > load a subscribed group, then go back to pan.sendlater and they will
> > all show up in the header pane again.  Exiting Pan and restarting it
> > does not make them disappear either.
>
> I had this happen several versions ago.  It was due to some corruption
> in the related directory, somehow.  You should be able to delete the
> files manually, on the filesystem.  They will be under
> ~/.pan/data/messages/folders/pan.sendlater (note that .pan is dot-pan,
> with the dot hiding the file unless you have view hidden files on, in
> most file managers).  Make sure PAN is closed, then delete the entire
> pan.sendlater dir, and you should be fine.  Pan should recreate it if
> necessary when it restarts.

I have the same problem and posted to the list about it a while ago.

Reading your notes about mailbox and maildir stuff made me go and look.
I have only pan.sent.mbox, this is running CVS 11th April.

So, I thought I would create a new folder, copy in the messages from
pan.sent, then delete it and let pan re-create it.

So I created a folder called "test.test", went to an item in the
pan.sent box and right-click "move to folder test.test" and the error
marker in the log came on immediately and the task hung. The log file
says (repeatedly):

Connection to Mock Server for Folders, port 25 failed: No such file or
directory

GLib - file giochannel.c: line 1445 (g_io_channel_read_line_string):
assertion `channel != NULL' failed

NNTP handshake failed: Error reading from socket.

Handshake failed: Error reading from socket.

GLib - file giochannel.c: line 104 (g_io_channel_unref): assertion
`channel != NULL' failed

Maybe I'll just rename it out of the way and process the messages by
hand. There's very few I want to keep.

So, I deleted my "test.test" folder using "File-> Delete folder" but,
when I restart Pan, it reappears! Where is that stored, I can't find it
in.pan/data - there's no mbox file and no directory.

Dave

Dave Hill, Kempston, Bedford UK              dave at minnie.demon.co.uk

I looked up the word 'paranoid' in the dictionary. It said 'what do you
want to know for?' Interestingly, I couldn't find the word 'camouflage'
anywhere...                             "MadDanEccles" on alt.fan.goons