pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] pan.sendlater oddness.

From: Dave Hill
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] pan.sendlater oddness.
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:19:05 +0100

Following up my own post here...

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:12:56 +0100
Dave Hill <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have the same problem and posted to the list about it a while ago.
>
> Reading your notes about mailbox and maildir stuff made me go and
> look. I have only pan.sent.mbox, this is running CVS 11th April.

I was looking in the wrong place. I was looking in .pan/data/folders,
not .pan/data/messages/folders. Obviously a "left over". Is there a
definitive list of what files are used now and which can safely be
deleted?

> So, I thought I would create a new folder, copy in the messages from
> pan.sent, then delete it and let pan re-create it.
>
> So I created a folder called "test.test", went to an item in the
> pan.sent box and right-click "move to folder test.test" and the error
> marker in the log came on immediately and the task hung. The log file
> says (repeatedly):
>
> Connection to Mock Server for Folders, port 25 failed: No such file or
> directory
>
> GLib - file giochannel.c: line 1445 (g_io_channel_read_line_string):
> assertion `channel != NULL' failed
>
> NNTP handshake failed: Error reading from socket.
>
> Handshake failed: Error reading from socket.
>
> GLib - file giochannel.c: line 104 (g_io_channel_unref): assertion
> `channel != NULL' failed

This is still valid.

> So, I deleted my "test.test" folder using "File-> Delete folder" but,
> when I restart Pan, it reappears! Where is that stored, I can't find
> it in.pan/data - there's no mbox file and no directory.

See above for location. The bug is that pan simply doesn't delete
messages or folders! No error messages, it just doesn't do it.

Dave

Dave Hill, Kempston, Bedford UK              dave at minnie.demon.co.uk

I looked up the word 'paranoid' in the dictionary. It said 'what do you
want to know for?' Interestingly, I couldn't find the word 'camouflage'
anywhere...                             "MadDanEccles" on alt.fan.goons