pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] complex question less to do with pan, more to do with in

From: John Morris
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] complex question less to do with pan, more to do with internet
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 20:00:14 -0500

Yeah, ssh is definitely the way to go.  I use it myself to connect to my
usenet from work, where they have port 119 blocked on the firewall.  I
forward a local port to the news server port 119 thru ssh to my home machine,
which, which of course doesn't block that port.  Actually, I leave the ssh
connection up constantly, and even have a cron script to re-establish the
connection if it goes down.

Since ssh is encrypted, they can't sniff what I'm doing, and since we use ssh
to connect to customers to do real work, it looks like I'm working really
hard.....heh heh.