pan-users

[Pan-users] complex question less to do with pan, more to do with intern

From: frizop
Subject: [Pan-users] complex question less to do with pan, more to do with internet
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 00:51:44 -0500

Well guys, lets face it, I have a crappy news server. I work for an ISP, and we use Giganews there, while at home I have Charter, which uses 'supernews.' I don't know how experienced you guys are with either provider but I saw a 16 day retention on a VERY large binary group with Giganews, while Supernews is unable to get a frekkin single iso without the need of par files. That i think is amazing. Not to mention most of the parts were full [99%]

anywho, I was trying to figure out a way to get Giganews from work, to my house.

I was looking into setting up a Samba drive, that I could access through the internet. I was advised against this for security reasons. I was also thinking of how to wrap the packets coming in via TCP to get it from work to home.

problem: I don't want to download the stuff, then FTP it. I'd like to save it directly to my house.. if possible.

any suggestions?

thanks in advance,
--Nathan

ps. there is a sudo nasty firewall at work