pan-users

[Pan-users] Problems in Compiling

From: Graham
Subject: [Pan-users] Problems in Compiling
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:20:05 +0100

Using Libranet 2.8 (a distro based on Debian), I get this error message
when I try to compile Pan 0.14.0.91 from the tarball:

checking for gnet-config... no
checking for GNET - version >= 1.1.5... no
*** The gnet-config script installed by GNet could not be found
*** If GNet was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GNET_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gnet-config.
configure: error: Cannot find GNet: Is gnet-config in path?

I have raised this on the Libranet Users list and it seems Libranet
contains libgnet, but not gnet-config or GNet, or gnet-config.

Any idea how I should compile Pan from a tarball, without having to wait
for the .deb file?  Or is there an up-to-date depository of .deb files
for Pan I can access through apt-get?

Graham