pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] An article that crashes pan-0.14.0

From: Himanshu J. Gohel
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] An article that crashes pan-0.14.0
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 11:49:07 -0400

Thanks Duncan, Christophe for the tips on finding the article in the
cache.

"Duncan" wrote [about finding a message in Pan's cache]:

> collisions.  Since you didn't know the msgid, however, that wouldn't
> help you directly, which is why I suggested a search by content for
> something that you DID know about the message, like author or subject
> header.

Yes, that did work, except as you said, the directory had many many files,
so grep failed complaining about too many arguments.  I ended up using
xargs to complete the grep.

So I looked at the message and it looks well-formed to my untrained eye.
All the headers are present.  It has an uuencoded image, which doesn't
seem to MIME encoded (which may be one problem?) but the other thing that
I'm suspecting as a problem is that it contains a degree symbol in the
text (used in the context of latitude/longitude) which is an extended
ASCII character.  Could that be a problem?

Details - server: news.microsoft.com

Newsgroups:         microsoft.public.streets-trips

--
Himanshu