pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan doesn't fit on my screen (mandrake linux 9.1)

From: Toby A Inkster
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan doesn't fit on my screen (mandrake linux 9.1)
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 14:06:50 +0000

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 09:06:58 +0000, Chris wrote:

> My favourite ever usenet client is busted since I upgraded from mandrake
> 9.0 to mandrake 9.1!
>
> For some reason, pan insists on being wider than my 800x600 screen.

It's caused by the toolbar. The PAN window won't go any narrower than the
toolbar.

You may be able to narrow the toolbar (and thus the window) by using a
different GTK2 theme[1] or by changing the application font size[2].

The other solution would be to tinker around with the toolbar in the
source code to either:

        a) remove the text labels; or
        b) remove a couple of buttons you don't use.

----

[1] Galaxy, Mandrake's default theme has pretty chunky buttons.
[2] GNOME Control Centre >> Fonts >> Application Font

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS