pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Marking messages for later replying

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Marking messages for later replying
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 02:56:18 -0700

Anssi Porttikivi posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 11:28:06 +0300:

> How do I list flagged messages? Or is there a better way to mark
> messages for later replying?

Well, one way would be to click on the columm with the flag, sorting by
that column, then all the flags should be grouped 2gether.  However,
flagging as PAN uses it really doesn't work well for much except d/ling
flagged messages, which is what I guess it's designed for.  (And I don't
use it for that either.  On most of my text groups, I d/l anything that
isn't filtered, for the most part, and on my binary groups, I go thru and
delete what I don't want and then select-all overviews (ctrl-a the way
I've customized hotkeys), then regular d/l (F1 as customized).  The flag
and d/l flagged functions have the hotkeys deleted as I never use them,
here.)

Here, I use the read/unread function to mark for later reply.  M is the
default, I think, for mark-read, if necessary, and I have shift-M set to
mark unread (thus, the common shift-key reversing the action thing).
Since I normally do not view read messages in my text groups, anything
remaining unread when I'm done is either something I didn't have time to
look at, or something I saved for further reference, generally, to reply
to when I have the time or feel like it, later.  Since PAN makes new
messages bold (if you have a font that it can make bold selected for the
overview pane), I can get new overviews and have them marked differently
than the old ones I left unread.  That works for me.

Benjamin Franklin