pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Installation sucessful, but no joy

From: Tim Philp
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Installation sucessful, but no joy
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:50:09 -0400

Sorry that it has taken so long to get back to you, but with the federal election here in Canada, I have been busy. My comments are below

Duncan wrote:

When you first enter a new server, it should see no list of groups and
offer to d/l one.  Once that is done, it should populate the group pane
with the list of groups, from which you can click on a group, entering it.
It would appear you got that far.
This is true, I downloaded the list of newsgroups from my server and I can see the list. My problem is that when I click on a group, the program appears to download the headers, but nothing is displayed. There are no messages to click on and so I cannot read any message because there is nothing in the header pane to click.

I checked the log icon and everything seems normal. It says that it has downloaded the headers and there are no errors flagged. I don't think that this is debian specific as the program seems to operate normally... except I can't see any messages!

Any help appreciated.

Tim Philp