pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Selecting multiple groups, subscribing doesn't work

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Selecting multiple groups, subscribing doesn't work
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 03:20:04 -0700

Anssi Porttikivi posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:42:16 +0300:

> Lookis like control- or shift-selecting multiple groups and subscribing
> does nothing. I have to subscribe each group individually. Sorry if this
> is a known bug, I am too lazy and not familiar enough with bug databases
> to check.

To subscribe or unsubscribe, one must actually be in the group the action
is being taken on.  This is to prevent mistakenly acting on the wrong
group, and is thus a feature, not a bug.

Unfortunately, it DOES mean there's no way to subscribe or unsubscribe to
multiple groups at once.

Multiple-group selection DOES work for some things, however.  For example,
there's a button in the rules dialog to apply the selected rules to the
selected groups (normally just the group one is in, but more if more are
selected), and another button to apply to ALL groups (on that server).

Benjamin Franklin