pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] "no connections"

From: Bob W . Anderson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] "no connections"
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 23:08:42 -0500

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 04:03:14 +0200, Tim Kynerd <address@hidden> wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 20:08:33 -0700
>"Bob W. Anderson" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Very newbie here!   Haven't used Pan yet - "no connections" displays
>> in box in lower left corner of the screen.   Kmail works fine, as does
>>
>> Firefox.   Dialup connection.  Athlon 1.2g  SuSE 9.0  Suggestions?
>
>At the risk of sounding stupid: Have you set up your news (NNTP) server
>in Pan?
>
>Tools --> News Servers...

Thanks for the response, Tim.   I'm sure it's something like that that
I've failed to do - but lacking (or not being able to find) any
helpful instructions, I'm floundering.

What do I do if I go Tools -> News Servers   ?    I think I was there
once, but didn't know what to do.   Sorry for being so dense.   Maybe
it's related to my being left-handed?

Bob