pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: has development of pan stopped since januari 200

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: has development of pan stopped since januari 2004?
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:31:31 -0600

On 11/23 02:06 , Duncan wrote:
> For instance,
> a long time ago, I used to suggest that text news and mail readers could
> borrow the line wrapping code from lynx/links, if /nothing/ else.  For
> that matter, they could borrow much of the HTML rendering code intact,

in your .mailcap file:
text/html;lynx -dump -force-html %s;copiousoutput

and in mutt at least, putting the following in your .muttrc, will render
html text quite handily.
auto_view text/html

gotta love Unix flexibility, and text-only tools doubly so. :)

--
Carl Soderstrom

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits
drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the
limits of the law', because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always
so when it violates the rights of the individual.
        --Thomas Jefferson