pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Could not decode article - file may be corrupt/incomplet

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Could not decode article - file may be corrupt/incomplete
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:53:19 -0700

Martijn Otto posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:34:02 +0100:

> download it using BNR2, the files come in fine. It seems they are just
> regular yEnc posts, which normally don't give me any trouble with
> pan.<br>
> I'm using the CVS version, but the problem occurs in the latest stable
> version too. An example of a troublesome file can be found in
> a.b.multimedia.startrek, if you look for files called Voyagers1d4. They
> ALL give this problem, and they ALL work fine with BNR2.<br>

First, please turn off HTML.  The regulars on many lists (particularly in
the FLOSS community) consider it akin to sneezing into your hand, then
offering to shake someone's hand without washing -- it's rude and one way
to possibly transmit viruses! There's a reason PAN doesn't do HTML; please
observe it when posting to the PAN list.

I'm not sure how BNR2 works, but does it possibly automatically integrate
the PAR files when needed to rebuild the post?  If so, that might explain
it, as PAN doesn't.

Unfortunately, the named posts have scrolled off the server, here (or got
caught in my filters), so can't check them.  I'm just using my ISP's
server, which is rather crappy for multi-part binaries, which I don't do
much of anyway (and I use klibido for all my binaries, anyway), so it's
probably the server.