pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Posting failed

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Posting failed
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:47:02 -0700

Rich posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on Wed, 25
Jan 2006 03:13:02 -0400:

> Are there a few things I can check locally to see if that is the
> problem.  I was thinking about wiping the local .pan directory and then
> restarting.  Maybe its an older pan config setting causing conflicts?

You can either do that, or you can rename it for testing, then rename it
back or copy things over, if you don't want to lose various elements of
your old config.  I'm the type of guy that has seriously customized
virtually everything customizable in many of my apps, so I hate with a
passion having to dump the config entirely.  Rather, as I said, I'll
rename it for testing, then if that fixes the problem, I'll often copy
stuff back half at a time, until I narrow down the problem, often to a
single file, then I'll selectively edit the file until I find the section
that's the issue, then I'll edit the section until I find the line that's
the issue, then either delete or modify just that single setting, keeping
all the rest of my customizations intact.