pan-users

[Pan-users] Posting failed

From: Rich
Subject: [Pan-users] Posting failed
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 03:13:02 -0400

Hi,

I'm using the CVS version of pan, works quite well. :)
Love the enhancements.

Since I changed over, I found I can not post followups, or reply by
mail.  All the settings in the mail server look correct, I checked the
profiles they look okay.

When I post, I always get "posting to usenet failed".  (side note: the
error message shows the Log Dialog under Tools, now its under Files)

I check the log viewer, but there is nothing that shows why.
I ran an strace while posting to see, and I did see a few 200 and 400
codes come up.  Then I found some notes while searching usenet, that
maybe some newsgroups may prevent posting.  So I tried to use an obscure
group, some kind of test group that someone left behind.  I was able to
post to it no problem.

However, when I try to post to any of the perl groups, it fails.
I will try others to see if its just those that are failing.
It looks like its complaining about group desc is null.  Not sure if
that can be the cause.

Are there a few things I can check locally to see if that is the
problem.  I was thinking about wiping the local .pan directory and then
restarting.  Maybe its an older pan config setting causing conflicts?

Thanks for any help,
Rich