pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] [0.95] Reproducible segfault when sorting on article na

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] [0.95] Reproducible segfault when sorting on article name
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 19:53:54 -0500 (CDT)

> When I click on the subject bar at the top of the header pane
> (to sort on the subject name) I get a reproducible segfault:

The attached patch should fix the crash aspect of this,
bu but
I wonder how you're getting a NULL subject here at all.

Before you apply the patch, do me a favor.

First let's ensure that the error is coming from something in
~/.pan2/groups/groupname, rather than in headers being downloaded
when you enter the group: turn off ``get new headers on startup''
and ``get new headers when entering group'', _then_ load the group
and sort by subject.  If it still crashes, then mail me offlist
a bz2 copy of the matching ~/.pan2/groups/groupname so that I can
make it crash here too.

cheers,
Charles