pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Patch for the `losing subscribed group when user has mul

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Patch for the `losing subscribed group when user has multipler servers' bug.
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 06:07:33 -0700

Christophe Lambin posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Mon, 08 May 2006 18:46:43 +0200:

> On Mon, 08 May, 2006 at 17:57 +0200, Charles Kerr wrote:
>> Thanks to both of you for your digging on this one.  Attached is a fix.
>
> This patch solves the 'losing subscribed groups' problem I reported
> earlier. Well done!

A couple days later, but confirmed, it fixes the problem here, too.

FWIW, I also applied the subject sort patch, tho I hadn't actually used
the new pan enough to see the issue.  Confirmed that it at at least
hasn't appeared to break anything, on Gentoo/amd64 using gcc-4.1.0.  As I
hadn't seen the issue, I can't confirm for sure whether it fixed it.

FWIW2, Gentoo is carrying the 0.9x series, masked as development versions,
of course.  They haven't been quite keeping up, but the first was 0.92,
and I see they've got 0.94 now as well.  I've simply been version-bumping
the 0.92 (and now 0.94) ebuild in my local overlay.  A simple rename and
redigest is normally all it takes.  This was an opportunity to practice my
ebuild hacking skills a bit, simply copying the patches to the overlay's
files dir and adding a couple epatch lines to the ebuild.  =8^)  Worked
just "mavalously"!  <g>  It's amazing just how trivial the process is.
Gentoo/portage really has the ebuild process down to a science.