pan-users

[Pan-users] 502 error too many incomming connections...

From: discord
Subject: [Pan-users] 502 error too many incomming connections...
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 18:36:30 -0700

Can I limit the connections pan makes?

I keep getting a 502 error (too many connections) when I try to connect
to the news server. What is this and how do I get rid of it?
      * Our news provider only allows two simultaneous connections to
        the news server. Some news readers (especially Outlook Express)
        will open up as many connections as they can, eventually causing
        this error message to appear. If you can limit the number of
        simultaneous connections in your news reader, limiting the
        number of connections to two will resolve this problem. If,
        however, you are using Outlook Express, the only real resolution
        is to switch to a different news reader.