pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.97 "Atoz and Tanda"

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.97 "Atoz and Tanda"
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:05:34 -0700

Duncan wrote:
> walt <address@hidden> posted
>
>> But all is well now -- both pan and thunderbird like gcc 3.4.5 :o)

> Off the wall question, but how much memory do you have, and you are on
> x86, right?...

Half-gig of memory, AMD K7.  I ran vmstat while building just now, and
'free' memory never got very close to zero, but something about 2MB in
size did get swapped out at one point (X was not running).

> BTW, Gentoo's slotting and gcc-config make it easy to have multiple gcc
> versions installed and switch between them...

That's one of my favorite features of gentoo.  But libtool is always a
pain in the backside when switching between compilers.  The one thing
gentoo doesn't do when switching between compilers is to rebuild libtool.