pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.98 "The plain old chaos of undifferentiated w

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.98 "The plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness."
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 23:40:46 +0000 (UTC)

"Charles Kerr" <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted
below, on  Sat, 20 May 2006 22:02:18 -0500:

> There weren't a lot of feature changes this week. If your favorite feature
> hasn't returned net, now's a good time to speak up about it.

I don't know where the return of customized key accels is in the roadmap,
but if it's not in the immediate future...

Is there a keyboard method (other than going thru the menus manually) to
access the get new headers for subscribed and get new headers for selected
groups?  I find myself frustrated at having to switch to the mouse to hit
those buttons, which are about in the middle of the main window on my
layout, groups in the right bottom quadrant, beside body, with headers
across the full width top.  If the buttons could be moved to the top row
(customized toolbars like KDE would be nice, but that's a bit much to ask
at least pre-1.0 I suppose) it'd be nice, as that's where I keep looking
for them, but a keyboard shortcut for downloading new headers (um,
overviews...) would be the better solution.  It's possible there's a
keyboard shortcut already, but simply no way to make it known, since the
only direct menu item is the download headers dialog.