pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.98 "The plain old chaos of undifferentiated w

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.98 "The plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness."
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 23:30:52 +0000 (UTC)

"Charles Kerr" <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted
below, on  Sat, 20 May 2006 22:02:18 -0500:

> There weren't a lot of feature changes this week. If your favorite feature
> hasn't returned net, now's a good time to speak up about it.

Remembering my posting profile per group would be nice.  <g>  Yeah, I know,
post 1.0.  =8^(

BTW, one possible solution to the request for posting priorities separate
from download priorities would be to make that part of the posting
profiles.  Select the profile, you've selected the server you post thru
(with a note that if it's left blank, that profile will post to whichever
server's available, basically the current system).

> Also, I'm interested in hearing how this version performs. I've spent a
> lot of time speed tuning Pan with sysprof lately and am wondering if the
> effect is noticable, or if I've reached a point of diminishing returns
> w.r.t. speed tuning...

I haven't tried it on binaries yet, and haven't loaded my filters from the
old PAN either, yet.  I expect I'll load the filters later this week and
maybe find some bugs then (it seems I do stuff that others don't, so find
bugs that others don't <g>).  I should try a binary group at some point
too, and maybe find more bugs plus check the speed.  =8^)