pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Headers..

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Headers..
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 21:53:05 +0000 (UTC)

Chris Maaskant <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sat, 27 May
2006 20:38:27 +0200:

> Op za, 27-05-2006 te 10:58 -0700, schreef walt:
>> Pressing the 'h' key lets you see *all* headers.  Is that adequate, or
>> do you want to customize the display of 'basic' headers also?
>>
> Yes i mean the display of the basic headers, i allready knew about the
> function to view all the headers.

That customizability was yanked with the removal of the preferences dialog
for the 0.9x cycle.  The prefs dialog was reintroduced only with the most
requested features, thus keeping down bloat, and this hasn't been one of
them.

I too would like, preferably, the ability to specify which headers I
wanted displayed.  I'd certainly choose x-newsreader/x-user-agent, but I'd
choose others as well, if I had the choice, such as nntp-posting-host and
organization.  Really, I'd like the ability to hide specific headers, and
to show all others.  That way, I could hide the ordinary ones I did NOT
want to see, while seeing any others incl. custom headers that folks
might include.

I suspect this will come back at some point, hopefully with the
improvements I describe above, but that it's a post-1.0 feature.  Yes,
it's a nice feature to have, but IMO certain others, like including the
preferred posting server in the posting profile and remembering that
profile per group (the latter a post 1.0-feature, according to Charles,
the former likely a pre-1.0 feature, given some folks can't post easily or
at all to certain groups, given the current setup), are more pressing.