pan-users

[Pan-users] Access provider, email provider, and Pan

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Access provider, email provider, and Pan
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 12:53:05 -0400

In connection with a grand reworking of my whole email operation, I'm
being urged on comp.mail.pine to give up the use of adelphia.net (which I
only wish I could replace in toto!) for email. (I already do the vast
majority of my email on a remote IMAP machine, which I access from my
adelphia account; the project is to revise things so that, among other
benefits, I can handle that from within the remote account.)

I've been using adelphia for two purposes. Mostly, it's just a spamtrap --
though my usenet posts produce a fair number of direct replies which I'd
hate to be without. A minor point is that an address like
<address@hidden> is a lot easier for people whom I first encounter
in the flesh to hear, spell, and remember than my main one.

But the main reason I'm using it at all is that, in order to access
adelphia's newsfeed (subcontracted to giganews), afaik I have to give my
adelphia address and password -- and Pan then also uses that as my posting
address -- which is of course what makes it primarily a spamtrap.

So if I were to abandon that address, would Pan be able to use some other
in some way?? Or would I have to find another newsfeed provider??

--
Beartooth Staffwright, PhD, Neo-Redneck, Double Retiree,
Not Quite Clueless Linux Power User : Fedora Core 5 [etc]