pan-users

[Pan-users] RE: RE: Access provider, email provider, and Pan

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] RE: RE: Access provider, email provider, and Pan
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 14:56:37 -0400

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 12:30:56 -0700, Travis wrote:

> [...]
Ñë
KéQBwaa›D#

Well I just tried to do what I think you're saying.

I created a new posting profile, called html, with its own anti-html sig
file, and gave it "Beartooth (at) adelphia (dot) net" as my address.

Then I put that sig file at the bottom of a post, using the From: line
arrow, and hit Send.

I got an error bos with only one button on it, saying Cancel. The log says
"No domain in email address," quoting "Beartooth (at) adelphia (dot) net"

I can't remember whether verizon requires authorization, but I know
adelphia does. Is that the problem? Or did I do something wrong?

Do I have to put it into the sig file that the posting profile reads from,
instead of into the posting profile itself?

Or is this maybe -- alas! -- a trick that gets past verizon's
authorization routine but not past Adelphia's? (Adelphia subcontracts news
to giganews; so the real authorization may be happening wholly or partly
there. I doubt adelphia, at least in my area, does anything whatever more
strictly or less badly than any other large ISP.)

--
Beartooth Staffwright, PhD, Neo-Redneck, Double Retiree,
Not Quite Clueless Linux Power User : Fedora Core 5 [etc]