pan-users

[Pan-users] new pan getting group list "forever"

From: Bruce Bowler
Subject: [Pan-users] new pan getting group list "forever"
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 14:04:14 -0500

Yes, I know I should upgrade to the latest beta, and if there's an
indication that the problem is fixed there, so be it.  In the mean time...

Running 0.116 on FC5 (that's the latest with an RPM for FC5, that's why I
started/stopped there).

I have 4 different servers that I used to use with "old pan".  When I
added them as servers to "new pan", 3 of them are fine, one never seems
to finish getting the group list.

news.individual.de claims to have ~25,000 groups.  As I write this, pan
claims to have fetched ~500,000 groups and is still going strong.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

TIA,

--
Bruce Bowler        | I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in