pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] OOPS

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] OOPS
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 08:17:05 -0800

Travis wrote:
> I accidentally hit delete with a whole bunch of articles highlighted.
> How do I get them back.  Pan on Win XP.

There are probably several ways, but here is how *I* would do it:

Find your .pan2 directory where all of your pan settings and data
are stored (I'm guessing it would be in your personal Documents
directory -- but in Windows, who knows?  You may have to search,
and the directory may be 'hidden'.)

In .pan2/groups/ (oops, I mean .pan2\groups\) there will be files
named after each of your subscribed groups.   Delete the file
pertaining to the damaged group, and then start pan.

Pan should then ask you what headers you want for that group.  If
you select 'all headers' you should be okay again.

Anyone else with a simpler fix?