pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Filtering unusable slow

From: Greg Lee
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Filtering unusable slow
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 01:43:31 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:01:16 -0700, Travis wrote:

> [...]

As Tin counts articles, 400,000 made things very slow.  1,200,000 and
I couldn't open the group at all.  As Pan counts articles, in my
experience 25,000 makes pattern filters so slow that I get impatient and
kill Pan, after, say 10-15 minutes.  I think Tin's articles correspond
to Pan's "parts", which Pan gives numbers for only briefly in its
progress reports.

These are just my best recollections -- I didn't take notes.

--
Greg