pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: old trouble : can't email

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: old trouble : can't email
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:56:38 +0000 (UTC)

Beartooth Sciurivore <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:04:51
+0000:

>       When I try to email a post, I click on Post, then on Reply to
> Author; then I delete the address in the Mail to field, and type in  the
> one I want. But it hasn't worked for months, at least.
>
>       Is it me, or is it Pan?
>
>       If it's Pan, is there hope?

Well, it's a pan config, so call it you or call it pan as you will, but
there is hope. =8^)

I see you are using pan-0.132, so new-pan.  Pan no longer has a mail
client of its own.  Instead it tries to forward the message to your
system or otherwise configured mail client.  If that client handles
mailto: protocol, it should just work, as long as pan is picking up the
right configuration from the system or, failing that, you've set it
correctly.  If your normal mail client doesn't handle mailto:, you'll
have to configure something (maybe a conversion script, or failing that,
a different mail client) that does.

Pan's settings are in preferences, on the applications tab.  Since I use
KDE, I have it set to use KDE prefs, but there are options for GNOME,
OSX, and MSWormOS as well.  It does pick up my KDE prefs (kmail) and use
them just fine.  If you aren't using any of those or they don't work,
there's a custom command line option for you to put your own settings, as
well.

If you have it working for your browser, IOW, one way or another (using
the appropriate system settings or custom) you should be able to get it
to work for pan as well.  If you don't, you can probably still get pan to
do it, but it might take some doing.