pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: old trouble : can't email -- SOLVED

From: Beartooth Sciurivore
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: old trouble : can't email -- SOLVED
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:42:53 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:51:34 +0000, walt wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:01:00 +0000, Beartooth Sciurivore wrote:
[...]
> Okay, I just figured it out myself.  In your gnome preferences for
> email:
>
> xterm -e alpine -url %s
>
> (Do *not* check Run in Terminal because gnome seems to have screwed this
> up somehow!)

        Bless You, SIR!!

        That works. It pops up a tiny, tiny terminal with alpine in it
properly -- which sends, and I got it already at the address I post from.

        I'll have to be sure I need no extra proofreading, or else use a
magnifying glass; but it does work.

        Bless you some more. If you ever pass nigh Blacksburg, VA, come
and enjoy reminding me I owe you big time.

--
Beartooth Staffwright, PhD, Neo-Redneck Linux Evangelist
Fedora 8; Ubuntu 7.10; CentOS 5.1; Alpine 1.0, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6