pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: old trouble : can't email : ADDENDUM

From: Beartooth Sciurivore
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: old trouble : can't email : ADDENDUM
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:05:21 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:56:13 +0000, Beartooth Sciurivore wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:56:38 +0000, Duncan wrote: [...]
>> Well, it's a pan config, so call it you or call it pan as you will, but
>> there is hope. =8^)
>>
>> I see you are using pan-0.132, so new-pan.  Pan no longer has a mail
>> client of its own.  Instead it tries to forward the message to your
>> system or otherwise configured mail client.  If that client handles
>> mailto: protocol, it should just work, as long as pan is picking up the
>> right configuration from the system or, failing that, you've set it
>> correctly.  If your normal mail client doesn't handle mailto:, you'll
>> have to configure something (maybe a conversion script, or failing
>> that, a different mail client) that does.
>
>       I have it set to custom, and the blank reads simply "alpine." I
> suspect it wants something like a % sign there; but Alpine, magnificent
> as it is, does not handle mailto well afaik -- When something does
> launch it, I have to get to the To: field and delete it.

        I found that I had my gnome-preferences set to Alpine; so  I told
Pan that, and tried to send something. It did open Alpine, in a terminal,
as it should; but it put the *whole* *message* after a mailto into the
To: field, and *nothing* into the body!

        Aaarrgghhh ....

--
Beartooth Staffwright, PhD, Neo-Redneck Linux Evangelist
Fedora 8; Ubuntu 7.10; CentOS 5.1; Alpine 1.0, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6