pan-users

[Pan-users] glib 2.16 patch update

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] glib 2.16 patch update
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 18:40:54 +0000 (UTC)

Since the other thread had migrated from its original gcc 4.3 title, I
decided to start a new one here.

Dan and I are making progress.  We finally have a version that works for
both him (on OpenSuSE systems with glib 2.12 thru 2.16) and I (with now
2.16.2).  The problem was one header file (glib/gi18n.h) that 2.16's
glib.h didn't include that he had put in a conditional that included it
only if glib was < 2.16.0.

However, in finding and including that unconditionally, he
unconditionally included a bunch of other files as well.  So now, at
least from my end, we're narrowing down what works instead of expanding
what doesn't work, a BIG step in the right direction.

I've sent him back a version to test on systems he has there, that if I'm
correct, is the minimal include for at least 2.12 thru 2.16, and probably
from 2.4 or 2.6.  If it works for him as I hope, we'll soon be posting it
here and can hopefully get someone with an older glib, 2.4 thru 2.10, to
test it, plus wider testing of 2.12 thru 2.16 systems, of course.  If
that all works out, it'll be posted on the bug for Charles to include
upstream.