pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Filter for old articles in group

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Filter for old articles in group
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 23:39:18 +0000 (UTC)

"Dag Ringdal" <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted
below, on  Sun, 09 Nov 2008 22:15:35 +0100:

> Ok. I found the options for expiring articles on the server. Yes, and
> two weeks are a little to long for my needs. Where do I find the
> servers.xml, and can it be edited with gedit?

Pan's data dir is ~/.pan2 by default (you can export PAN_HOME and point
it at a different dir before starting pan to change it, if desired).

The servers.xml file is xml, which is formatted text, so edit it with
your text editor of choice.  Some will even have syntax highlighting.
=:^)  I'm not a GNOME user so have no idea what gedit is like, but it
/sounds/ like it should be a plain text editor.  Just be sure not to
damage the formatting, only editing the values as appropriate, and you
should be fine.