pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Purging headers

From: Joe Zeff
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Purging headers
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 09:49:45 -0800

CSV4ME2 wrote:
On Friday 05 December 2008, Joe Zeff wrote:
My news server went down and I had to change to a different server at
that service.  Alas, the servers use different article numbers.  (It's
cheap; what do you expect?)  Their tech support tells me that I'll have
to purge the headers to get things working again.  How do I do this,
without ending up with hundreds of old messages marked unread, or will I
just have to play with it after I'm done?

Jeff

Who is this "Jeff" you are writing to? The question was sent by *JOE* Zeff who hates having his name mangled like that.

Read message nr's are stored in the ~/,pan2/newsrc-1 file.
So, if those nr's change the content of that file is invalidated.
You'll have to remove ALL headers from ALL groups you're subscribed to,
unfortunately.

- Use "Delete Selected Groups' Articles"  for that.
- Refresh the group list as well.
- Reload all your subcribed groups

Hope this helps.