pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Purging headers

From: Joe Zeff
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Purging headers
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 19:35:54 -0800

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 11:28:45 am Joe Zeff wrote:
On 12/06/2008 Travis wrote:
I've been enjoying the distraction.  Nothing wrong with a good cat
fight.
The most interesting thing about it IMHO is that the OP apologized
for the error and all the other complaints were from bystanders.

Er, you would be the OP, since you sent the original post. And if the person who misread your name ("CSV4ME2") has apologized, I haven't seen it. Furthermore, he's since plonked you. Apparently he thinks you're rude for pointing out his carelessness and sloppiness.

Yes. It's OK for him to muck up my name, but it's unacceptable for me to point it out. I've seen that all too often across the decades, and it's part of the reason for my response: if they're going to be like that, get rid of them ASAP; if not, they're usually willing to correct themselves.

No doubt "CSV4ME2" will plonk me next, for pointing out that there's nothing admirable about spitting the dummy like he did instead of admitting his mistake like a man.

If he does, I shan't see it, for obvious reasons. I had the impression that somebody had apologized, but haven't kept the messages so I can't check.

--
Joe Zeff
If you can't play with words, what good are they?