pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: compile ?

From: Kurt Schilling
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: compile ?
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 14:39:29 -0500

Travis wrote:
> [...]

When you download a file or create a file you will have write access to
it under all other Linux distros. Under Ubuntu, you may have to grant
yourself the write permission. Using the sudo command grants you
temporary root/superuser permissions.

The two following bits of command code will make you the owner of the
directory that you have downloaded the source code into and grant you
the needed permissions to write and execute the contents.

sudo chown yourusername /usr/local/src  (Grants or take ownership)

and, just to be safe

sudo chmod u+rwx /usr/local/src         (Grants you the needed permissions)

> <snip>
>
> Thank you

 Another link that may be of use and is specific for Ubuntu:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CompilingEasyHowTo

Which is where the two snippets come from.

With warm regards,

Kurt