pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan not emailing me

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan not emailing me
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 15:17:17 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 16:12:29 -0600, Gerald L wrote:
        [...]
> In Linux "line of code" is a misnomer. [snipperoo]

>>> So, yes:
>>>
>>> mkdir /home/btth/bin
>>> mv /home/btth/alpine_helper.pl /home/btth/bin/
>>
>>      OK, I did both of those.
        [snipperee]

> The first line that adds $HOME/bin to your existing PATH is the
> equivalent of the lines from mine -- mine just does the extra bit of
> checking to see if $HOME/bin actually exists before blindly adding it.
>
> If you're no longer using 'pine' directly you can safely remove those
> alias lines.

        Ok, thanks!

        I've now made the changes to .bash_profile as well as setting up
the file in it and the path to it, and tried again to use Terminal from
Pan, still with no joy.

        Fwiw, I did try opening Terminal from the launcher on a panel,
and commanding Alpine. It not only worked normally; it did it in spite
the fact that I already had Alpine running (against the same account) in
a gnome-terminal tab; and I got the  message at my other address.