pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan not emailing me

From: David Shochat
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan not emailing me
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 09:29:24 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 20:01:56 -0500, Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:

> David Shochat wrote:
>> You have to figure out the name of the executable. It is probably /not/
>> "Terminal"; that's the package name, although I admit that in my Ubuntu
>> situation, the package name and the executable name happened to be the
>> same. But in general, they are not the same.
>
> ls -l `which terminal`
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8 2008-11-28 18:30 /usr/bin/terminal -> Terminal*
>
> terminal --help | grep -i execute
>   -x, --execute                       Execute the remainder of the
>   command -e, --command=STRING                Execute the argument to
>   this option

Ok, thanks; my guess was clearly wrong, and Terminal should have worked.
I actually installed alpine myself last night to try to get it to work,
but so far I have not succeeded. And I have a basic question: How is the
new message supposed to get the subject and body of the post? I can only
see how it would get the recipient from the url argument. I think Duncan
has explained the interface in the past.
-- David