pan-users

[Pan-users] SOLVED! : Pan not emailing me

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] SOLVED! : Pan not emailing me
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 18:14:25 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:04:36 -0500, David Shochat wrote:

>>        Do I need to put the helper in there somehow??
>
> Yes, it must consist ENTIRELY of the helper:

        Oho! And also Aha! I don't know how I had completely missed that.

> (path)/alpine_helper.pl
>
> where (path) is wherever the script is located. For example, if you have
> the script in /home/btth/bin, use: /home/btth/bin/alpine_helper.pl
> Once you get it working like that you can try removing the path if you
> think you have it located in a place that is now on your search path.
> Notice that there must be NO arguments to alpine_helper.pl (pan will add
> that itself).

        OK. I deleted everything there, and put the whole /home/btth/bin/
alpine_helper.pl in its place; and it works, and sends, and arrives.
What's more, when Terminal is invoked, it gives me a very readable
display. Many, many thanks! This is going to make life a *lot* easier.