pan-users

[Pan-users] Aaarrrgghhh! Whahoppena Terminal??

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Aaarrrgghhh! Whahoppena Terminal??
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 20:09:19 +0000 (UTC)

        I sent off the post about the email problem being solved -- and
then I decided to email myself David Shochat's original solution, which I
had misunderstood. Telling it send didn't even launch Terminal.

        I've been trying ever since to get Pan to send anything to either
of my addresses.

        The setting in Pan's preferences is unchanged. Terminal is not
already running. I even closed the instance of Alpine running on this
machine. /home/btth/bin/alpine_helper.pl is there, and is right.

        I tried again just now; everything worked, and it sent what I
wanted, where I wanted. So I tried with the next post. Nothing. Terminal
didn't even launch.

        I have closed and re-opened Pan, several times. swva.net has been
up and running normally all day.

        I proofread the addresses I substitute for what Gmane puts into
the Reply to Author field *ver-rry* carefully -- and there have been no
bounces.

        For a while, /home/btth/bin had an extra copy of alpine-helper,
with a tilde after it -- created by telling kwrite to save. I got rid of
that (which, btw, was openable with gedit, though the original is not),
and emptied Fedora's trash.

        And trying to email from  Pan is still a crapshoot -- with loaded
dice. What am I missing??