pan-users

[Pan-users] Problems unraring archives downloaded with PAN.

From: apebrigade
Subject: [Pan-users] Problems unraring archives downloaded with PAN.
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 22:35:18 +0000

Hi.  I am hoping this is the correct place to raise this problem!

I use PAN to connect to Giganews and use .NZB files to locate the files. PAN seems to be working correctly and downloading all of rar files correctly. My problem comes when I try to unrar the archive as it is split into many files.

I have tried:

unrar x /filename /

This brings up a dialog where I can see the files contained within the archive, but when I try to extract them they do not appear in the target folder. It fails to extract the files for some reason. I have tried this on my windows machine using "newsbin" and this works fine, so I believe that files are not corrupt.

Has anyone seen this before? My giganews is ssl encrypted could this be the problem?
Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers