pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Problems unraring archives downloaded with PAN.

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Problems unraring archives downloaded with PAN.
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 08:32:05 -0500

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 08:42:52PM -0700, Travis wrote:

> His command line didn't work.

No kidding? Perhaps that is why the OP posted? As I explained earlier
the unrar command line has an unusual uncommon syntax.

> Double clicking always works for me.

Not helping by not providing *any* detail as to why it works. As to
what hooks were installed, what optional packages, or even what desktop
you are running?

I have the latest KDE installed, but I find its GUI file navigation too
clumsy and use command line in a terminal window. OTOH I'm happy with
Finder in MacOS X. Yet I still supplement with Terminal.app on Mac.

You know that one can mount a .iso file by double-clicking in MacOS X?
Clearly the solution to mounting .iso files is for everyone to run
MacOS X.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden