pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: server priority and completeless : EXAMPLE

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: server priority and completeless : EXAMPLE
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:38:50 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:32:51 +0000, Beartooth wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:16:23 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
>
>> On 03/26/2009 Beartooth wrote:
>>>     Maybe I don't know what a binary is. All I ever normally do is
>>> read text. I avoid images, especially moving images, and sound.
>>
>> Binaries are non-text files, such as images, sound, movies and
>> programs.  In general, anything (except a url) that Pan has to use an
>> outside program to display would be considered a binary.  If you're
>> limiting yourself (as I do) to text-only groups and Pan is reporting
>> incomplete messages, there's either a problem at your news server, or
>> in your connection.  Unless you're having other connection
>> difficulties, i'd talk to whatever tech support you can get from your
>> news service.
>
>       OK, I'll go look to see if motzarella has any; being free, it may
> not.
>
>       News: I just go a fresh example.
>
>       The icon in the list of posts is a plain open envelope. No
> colored anything.
>
>       The entry in the event log is this :
>
> Thu Mar 26 13:22:18 2009 - Article "where has all the ammo gone" is
> incomplete -- the news server(s) don't have part <gq6epp$rpd
> address@hidden>
>
>       That's from rec.guns, via motzarella. I think all these
> incompleteness messages have been about posts via motzarella -- I hadn't
> seen any in a dog's age, till after I signed up there... [...]

        Just got a new one, still in rec.guns. I had scrolled down past
some previously read messages, gotten more errors, and then got one
saying explicitly :

Error reading from news.motzarella.org: unknown error

        I've been getting quite a few of those.

        Any bets I'm doing something the nice people at motzarella hadn't
thought of?