pan-users

[Pan-users] limits in Pan 0.132?

From: Gerald Livingston
Subject: [Pan-users] limits in Pan 0.132?
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:05:34 -0500

Using a Debian install of Pan 0.132

I mostly read a few text groups so I'm not all that worried about the
various patches yet.

But, now I am doing some testing of my GigaNews feed. Specifically the
claim of 600+ days of binary retention.

I'm currently using alt.binaries.sounds.mp3 as my test bed.

When I do a "get ALL headers" I seem to be retrieving exactly 1 year of
headers. eg. I started my test runs yesterday and after pulling all
headers I had headers back to April 26th 2009 and that's where they
stopped.

And, I can only retrieve articles back as far as September 1st 2009.
Everything before that is listed as unavailable/incomplete.

Are there limits in Pan that would cause this or do I need to poke at
GigaNews a bit?

Thx,

Gerald