pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.99999999999999

From: Ron Johnson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.99999999999999
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 06:21:50 -0500

On 06/16/2011 02:27 AM, Bob Davenport wrote:
Will there ever be the possibility of uploading binaries in Pan?

As far as I can tell, there is no application that allows binary uploading
under Linux. I know that Agent can be run under wine, been there, done
that. But with the 1680 x 1050 screen resolution that I use, It is nearly
impossible to read the menus. I have also tried to install powerpost, with
stunnel4 in wine also with no joy.
Look at it this way, Pan would be the only news reader under Linux that
would offer binary posting, hopefully using yenc.

Somewhere in this month's list archives is mention of a git branch with binary uploads.

corrupt."