pan-users

[Pan-users] New file posting feature, broken? Misunderstood?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] New file posting feature, broken? Misunderstood?
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:22:41 +0000 (UTC)

I just tested the new file-posting functionality, and for each one I
added to the queue, when I actually posted my message, I got an error
saying something about not being able to find that file in the cache.

??

Why would it be looking in the cache for files I'm posting?  I didn't
tell it to create nzbs or whatever, only to post the files, using the
file browser to point them out on my system.  They appeared correctly in
the file-queue tab, but errors about them not appearing in the cache
simply don't make sense to me, as there's no reason I can think of why
they /would/ be in the cache, at least /pan's/ cache.  (They should be in
the kernel's filesystem cache, since I just read them and I've plenty of
memory and didn't do anything that would have kicked them out of it.)

Assuming the posted files are somehow supposed to appear in the cache,
what is the mechanism for them getting there?  The ones I tried were
files from my /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ directory, readable to my user but on
a different partition than $HOME.  Might that be why they couldn't appear
in the cache?

It hasn't been long enough to see whether the text post I attached them
to appeared on the server or not.  With all those local errors, should
it, or does it get canceled as well in that case?

Do the queued files appear as separate followup posts, or attached to the
text post itself (assuming they're small enough to do so), or as separate
posts without the reference header linking them to the original, or...?