pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] New file posting feature, broken? Misunderstood?

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] New file posting feature, broken? Misunderstood?
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 22:13:48 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:22:41 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> I just tested the new file-posting functionality, and for each one I added
> to the queue, when I actually posted my message, I got an error saying
> something about not being able to find that file in the cache.
>
> ??
>
> Why would it be looking in the cache for files I'm posting?

Reading the code makes it clear that pan has an "encoding cache" and that
that error should be logged.  Is that where you see the error message?

I just posted two plain text files as attachments to gmane.test with no
errors.  Where you posting binaries?  Binaries would require encoding
before posting, I haven't tried that yet.  I haven't read enough code
to know where the encoding cache is.