pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Amusing gtk3 bug in latest git :)

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Amusing gtk3 bug in latest git :)
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 22:14:15 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 22:23:14 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> Heinrich Müller posted on Wed, 03 Oct 2012 08:11:14 +0200 as excerpted:
>
>> Am 03.10.2012 02:16, schrieb walt:
>
>>> I quickly saw the cause of my 'offline' bug:  a dialog box popped up,
>>> telling me that I have reached my 'download limit' and 'go offline'
>>> was checked by default :p
>>>
>>> When I unchecked 'go offline' then pan behaved normally again. I'm
>>> about to re-enable gtk3 and webkit to see what happens next.
>>>
>>> I'll report back later, and thanks for your hard work, as always!
>>>
>> Thanks for the feedback, I'll fix it.
>
> FWIW, I just git-pulled and see the fix-commit, but haven't yet tried
> setting the warn and disconnect options to see if it works.  But you
> should be able to test it now, Walt, and see what happens.

I deleted all lines from preferences.xml concerning download limits and
re-started pan.  There was no problem with being 'offline' this time, so
that particular gotcha is fixed.

But (so far) I see no way to set the download limit or to go offline
if the limit is exceeded.  Heinrich, is that expected behavior for now?

I also have problems with the pan window resizing itself to be too wide,
and it won't let me narrow the window width again to the size I want it.

That is (old) gtk3-specific behavior, though.  I've been wondering if
it's a change in the gtk3 API or just a bug in gtk3.  Anyone else seeing
this problem?  It's been around since pan first built against gtk3.