pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Segfault in today's pan.git updated

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Segfault in today's pan.git updated
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 06:11:58 +0000 (UTC)

walt posted on Sat, 22 Dec 2012 17:01:11 -0800 as excerpted:

> I've hit a few confusing problems after compiling pan.git today, but
> this is the worst one: [snip]

> Anyone else seeing the same with today's pan.git?  (commit 4f681cd2)

Just getting ready to build and try it now.  I just pulled and am in the
middle of my usual git whatchanged look around.  Looks like there's quite
a few changes in the last day or two.

> BTW, I don't know what diablo and xfeature are/do, so I don't know how
> to test them.

Diablo means devil, so I doubt a google would work very well for it, but
IIRC (and I may well not), diablo was the name of a particular news
server software app.  Meanwhile a google for xfeature turns up this (on
the newsbin forums) for me, as the last hit on the first page:

http://forums.newsbin.com/viewtopic.php?t=28246

Looks apropos.  Apparently xfeature is a headers compression feature
standards extension that some servers make available.  It should say
whether it's supported or not.  If not, shouldn't be a problem.  If the
server says it's supported, it might be, particularly if pan's client-
side support is buggy, as your other comments suggest.

(Mostly OT but FWIW, I'm finally working good hours again -- in fact I
put in 12 hours, today.  So I finally have some reasonable money coming
in again, and am getting tempted to signup for a proper NSP account
again.  Then I could try on more than gmane and could actually test some
of this stuff again. We'll see...)